The research main focuses in the Department of Biology are a determining basis for the construction of the research field ChemLife. In the centre stands the job to light up by means of chemical attempts as biological systems adapt themselves to varying conditions at molecular and at network level. On basis of this understanding new hybrid systems should be developed from the biologically and synthetic components which own tailor-made qualities.
- GBS: Graduate School Biological Sciences
- KoRSCB: Research School Chemical Biology
- IMPRS: International Max-Planck Research School for Organismal Biology
- R3 – Responses to biotic and abiotic changes, Resilience and Reversibility of lake ecosystems
- Kooperatives Promotionskolleg "InVite" (Hochschule Albstadt-Sigmaringen + Universität Konstanz)